What’s Free at Disneyland?
- Maps and Guides at the gate of both theme park entrances. These are fun to use as backdrops for scrapbooks.
- Disneyland Planning Video- you can get this straight from Disney’s website.
- Get your free Buttons/Pins at City Town Hall just inside the entrance after you go under the Railroad and to the left. Or I have gotten them at the ticket counters. They have several free pins to choose from: 1st visit, Birthday, Anniversary, Engagement, just married, just graduated, I’m celebrating, and Honorary Citizen of Disneyland.
- If you purchase a Balloon during your visits and it pops, take your receipt to the vendor and you will receive another one for FREE!
- Disneyland App, this App is a life saver. Not only can you look at wait times throughout both parks but now there is mobile ordering as well. You can also view your photo passes and use the App as a map to navigate through the parks. For a step-by-step guide check out our article on how to use Disneyland’s mobile app.
- Pin trading is a free, fun activity. The pins and lanyards are not free, but you can buy pins in bulk on Amazon, 25 pins for about $20.00. Beats paying $12.00+ per pin in the park!
- Disneyland will provide desserts for birthday boys and girls at table service restaurants.
- Drive the Mark Twain Riverboat. Usually, you can ask a cast member to be an honorary Riverboat Captain and they are pretty good at granting this request.
- Disney’s Genie service on the Disneyland app is free and will help you plan out your day to help make the most out of your Disney vacation.
- PhotoPasses are free- Photos, however, are not. You can always take a picture of your pictures at the end of the rides or have a cast member take your photo. I promise, they don’t mind!
- Free PhotoPass photos when you purchase the Disneyland Genie +.
- Mickey’s Halloween Party is not free, however, the trick-or-treat candy is.
- New years Eve hats and horns.
- Free package check service- If you have bought a large item or you simply do not want to carry souvenirs around with you all day, go to the Stroller Shop, the Star Trader, Port Royal, Pioneer Mercantile, or Elias and Company. They will hold your items for you until the end of the day. You must show your receipt during pick up.
- Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters- enter your email address and Disney will send you the photo for free.
- Character Autographs and pictures are completely free!
- Water at any counter service restaurant, we do this quite often.
- Kid 3 years old and under eat for free at buffets.
- Become a Jedi in the Jedi Training Academy. Parents do need to sign their children up for this in the morning for the show. There is a booth across from the entrance to Autopia, here you are given a return time.
- Disney stickers from cast members, all you need to do is ask.
- You can get any Disneyland theme park recipe for free from City Hall or Chamber Of Commerce.
- All first aid items are free. I don’t know how many times I have had to stop in for Advil or allergy medicine!
- Free samples of Mint Julep in New Orleans Square because let’s face it, this drink isn’t for everyone.
- Free pet cemetery tour at the Haunted Mansion.
- Mardi Gras beads, Jazz singers, and entertainers throw them to the crowds in New Orleans Square.
Free At Down Town Disney
- Kids can build Legos and take pictures with the Lego statues for free at the Lego store.
- Free live music and entertainment.
Free At California Adventure
- Join the Animation Academy drawing classes and you get to keep the animation sheets for free.
- Free Ghirardelli chocolate squares from the Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop.
- 2-hour locker rentals at Grizzly Run but if you go over the 2 hours be prepared to pay $7.00 per hour.
- Sourdough bread samples at Boudin Bread Factory.
- A free copy of the Buena Vista Bugle, located at the Starbucks in California Adventure.
- Senior Wilderness explorer stickers if your child completes the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail. This is a good way to rest your feet while the little ones play and explore. We have also used this area to hang out while we are waiting for our Lightening Lane return time for Grizzly Run.
Free At Disneyland Resorts
- Disneyland stationery and envelopes.
- Free H2O toiletries.
- Scavenger hunt pins.
Previous Free Items No Longer Available:
Autopia driver’s license is now $5.00, Jungle Cruise map, Mark Twain Riverboat pilot certificate, Lilly Belle tickets (must do The Grand Circle Tour $85.00 per person), Death Certificates, Dole Whip recipe cards, free samples of odd popcorn flavors, and free parking at Downtown Disney (free with a $20.00 purchase) and Fastpasses.
If you have any other free ideas that didn’t make this list, please let us know by leaving a comment below.